Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Taylee's Creativity Strikes Again

Taylee said to me the other day, "Mom, can we go to the dollar store?"
Me- "What do you need?"
T- "It's a surprise."
Me- "Is it a surprise for me or can you tell me?"
T- "I just want to go to the dollar store."
Me-"Does it have to be the dollar store or can we get what you need some where else. I have errands to run, but didn't plan on the dollar store."
T-"I only have enough for the dollar store."
Me-"Do you want to tell me, so I can help?"
T- "No."
Taylee doesn't often press her needs. She may mention it once in passing and then I don't hear about it until she's in tears. She pressed me about the dollar store, so I decided to put it on our TO DO list.
When we got to the dollar store, she went to the candy isle. She said she was looking for a bag of candy that had a variety.
I then whispered, "Is it for a pinata?"
She got a shocked look on her face and said, "How did you know?"
Mother's intuition, I guess. :)
She had taken regular paper and watered down glue and made a pinata.


It was a little softer than regular paper mache, so it kind of squished when she was making holes for the string.

Abree got to be the first one to try.

She whacked it a few times, barely making a dent.
Treyson whacked at it, then Taylee, then Rylee and finally Jason. Poor paper ball basically just squished instead of breaking a part. When the kids finally got the candy out, much of it had been beaten to death and was in many pieces. :)

2 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Taylee - - You touch my heart.

Mamma Meg said...

What a cute kid!