Memorial Day weekend, Angela and Nanette were planning on coming to Caldwell. I thought it would be fun to have a family gathering. I sent out an email invitation to all and hoped we could make it happen... and then it did. :)
Hoodies, ear warmers and blankets welcome!
Grandma Ison
Rylee
Ciarran & Colin
Aaron & sweet Lydia
Chanel
Dean & Candice
Angela
Tim, Karen & Sydney
A cool new meal strategy; let the kids play inside (warm , dry and entertained) while the adults eat, then tell the kids it's time for dinner.
They were having so much fun playing "house", that when I told them it was time for dinner I heard, "Awww, but we're still playing."
After a quick clean up, they finally decided they would come out to eat.
Jackson & Treyson
Taylee & Micaela
Lizzy, Tim & Audrey
Katelyn, Abree
Lizzy
Morgan
The next part of our plan, was to visit the cemetery and Grandpa Ison's grave site.
The weather was cool, but for the most part we stayed dry.
At Grandma Ison's request, we gathered around and sang a few songs; "The Family Home Evening Song" written by Uncle Lynn Hansen(?) and "I Am A Child of God".
Emma
Grandma told anyone who would listen, about the chicks and who they represented, (on the headstone) over and over.
After the cemetery, we sent husbands/dads and kids home, while the girls gathered back at Grandma's for "chick chat".
We looked through memory picture albums.
Caught up with one another's life happenings.
Answered "get to know you better" questions.
Shared treats.
This is Tiffany's new family;
Scott, Darin (new husband), Tiffany
Isaac & Shelby
Welcome to the family!
Grandma Ison didn't want to miss a thing and managed to stay up for all of it.
Family, thanks for gathering. It was fun.
Next gathering? We are tenatively planning on the second weekend in August, in Utah, when Martha and her boys come to visit.
Hope to see you there!
2 comments:
I wish I could have been there, thanks for posting the fun pictures!
Oh the picture you took of us turned out sooooo CUTE! It was fun to see you and wow your new shape is great, I didn't get a chance to tell you that! I am impresssed with your hard work.
Post a Comment