Sunday, July 24, 2011

Treyson Turns 10

Treyson's into the double-digits.. a decade old.. yes, he turned 10 this Sunday!


Leading up to his birthday, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He could never settle on one, so I took matters into my own hands and told him I would make something I thought he would like.

By these ingredients alone, can you tell what kind of cake it's going to be?


Grandpa Waite took the kids out Saturday afternoon, so I took advantage of the peace and no-interruption-time to bake and decorate Treyson's cake.

When they returned, they found this waiting. Yes, a hamburger cake... or should I say a cheeseburger cake.

Yellow cake for the bun, chocolate cake for the burger (cake crumbs and chocolate frosting mixed together for the hamburger look), green colored coconut for the lettuce, orange colored marshmallow fondant for the cheese, red/yellow frosting for ketchup and mustard and Rice Crispies for the sesame seeds on top.


I also made these cute little hamburger cookies; Nilla wafer buns, chocolate mint Grasshopper cookies for the burger, red/yellow frosting for ketchup and mustard and green coconut for lettuce.


Aren't they adorable? They tasted good too.

I think they would make great cupcake toppers for a school birthday celebration.

Treyson chose Hawaiian Haystacks for his birthday dinner. This was another hard decision for him to make..he wanted it all, not just one thing. :)


We invited Grandma McKinley and Grandpa Waite for dinner and a celebration.



Hey, not just yet Buddy!

Time for presents.



Bubble blower from Grandma McKinley.

Dart gun (and a ton of other stuff) from Grandpa Waite.

A "Treyson Survival Kit" from Taylee.

And a whole lotta other fun gifts from the family.

Happy Birthday Treyson!

We love you!

4 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

What a great day for a tall and wonderful young man. Treyson, I love you!

Candice said...

Hooray Treyson!! Happy Birthday!
And Hooray Alisha! That cake looks amazing! I'm already wondering if I should ask Micaela if I can do that for her or let her choose a theme? You did great! And dinner looks yummy and makes me hungry!

A*Waite said...

Cute Cake!! Grandpa told me it tasted good too!

Jilene said...

awesome cake! Did you come up with that on your own? You are so talented!