It was ALMOST time... time for the kids to go back to school.
Can I get a "hallelujah!" ?
She is in a 1st/2nd Grade combo class this year. I guess they had too many 1st graders, but not enough to make a whole class, so they combined with some 2nd Graders. I'm curious to see how this all plays out.... some parents were UP-SET with the combo class and were expressing their concerns loud enough for me to overhear.
We're going to make the best of the situation and have a great year...atleast that's the plan. :)
He was initially upset. He had heard she was "mean". He started fussing and worrying and was expressing his concerns vocally... to loud for my comfort. I assured him, if he made the best of the situation, he would have a fine year. I also asked him to think about how she would feel if she walked by and heard what he was saying. I think he took it to heart.
Taylee had been wanting to get her locker set up since registration. We found her locker. She remembered her combo! She set up her shelf and vital accessories and then she felt ready.
She expressed her gratitude about not being a 6th grader (bottom of the pack) and was looking forward to her 7th grade year.
1 comment:
Oh, I love these kids!
They are blooming into their wonderful unique selves.
I imagine them having a happy memorable year----and their teachers being thrilled to have them.
Post a Comment