I don't remember how the subject came up, but sometime during our "Ison Chick" weekend, I found out that Jana had a desire to go to the Meridian Speedway. I mentioned that Jason gets FREE tickets sometimes. I told her I would let her know next time that happened. It happened that very next week.
I got in contact with Jana/Kevin and told them to invite the whole family..or whom ever would like to come. I was hoping that Morgan (grandson) would be able to come. Morgan loves cars.. probably has Disney's CARS movie memorized. :)

After their family dinner, the Nelsons joined us for a red neckin' good time... at the speedway.

I liked to ask Morgan which car he wanted to win the race. He would tell me a color or number of a car and then we would watch. I don't really think he cared which car won. He would cheer for any/all of them. He stayed content and happy the whole time.

"Go green!"

The speedway isn't really conducive to talking, so we hung out next to one another with earplugs in, occasionally yelling a few words at each other.
Good times!
Thanks for coming with us Nelsons.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting about this! It's fun to see what Morgan gets to do when I'm not around. He was excited about the race cars afterward.
Post a Comment