Rylee was in cross country (XC) again this year.
Let me tell you... cross country at the highschool level is WAY more HARD CORE, than in middle school!
They began their practices in July and ran 5-8 miles a day; rain, shine or 100 degree weather. Even on their days "off" they were encouraged to run "just a few miles". What?!
Rylee was on track to be invited to join the Varsity team, but then at the beginning of the school year, she injured herself and was out for the first few races. The school trainers helped her with therapy on her injury, so she was able to run the last 3 races of the season, on the JV team.
So weird... I couldn't see Mr. Coe in him..he looked like an old man (he was wearing a hat and sunglasses too). Wouldn't want to know what he thought of me.. lookin' pretty rough that day. :)
I'm so impressed that these kids WANT to do this. Running has never been my thing. Watching these young athletes is amazing. During races I fluctuate between yelling encouragement to tears of pride. I even cry for the opposing school runners. They are all AWESOME!
If you see me at a meet.. please don't mind my blubbering.. I can't help myself. I'm just so proud of them all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment