I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but we have a Birthday Appreciation Week tradition in our family. Jason has been doing nice appreciation weeks for me, around my birthday time, for a few years now. Last year, we decided to make it a family-wide tradition.

Jason and the kids made this binder (notice the cute spelling of journal).

Inside there is a section for each person. During the birthday person's week, the family writes sweet notes, telling them why they love them or appreciate them. We also try to make an extra effort to be especially nice to the birthday person that week; we do chores for them, make their lunch, make their bed, say nice things, give them treats, among other things.

Our birthday chair cover, helps to remind us to keep the birthday person in our thoughts all week.

Taylee made this individual microwave cake for Abree. She looked up the recipe on-line and went to work without any input or help from me. When Abree got home from school she had it waiting for her. So cute and thoughtful.
Happy Appreciation Week Abree!
1 comment:
I love that idea! I will have to impliment it when the kids get a little bit older!
Post a Comment