The 5th (& 8th) graders in our school district are required to do a P.A.C.E. project.
P.A.C.E. stands for Performance Assessment of Critical Elements... ummm that doesn't help, does it? Basically the students take a subject, research it, write a paper and then finally give an oral report. They are scored by a panel of judges on their oral report.
This year they were asked to take elements from the constitution. Treyson's subject was Freedom of Speech/Freedom of the Press/Freedom of Assembly.
At first he tripped over his words and struggled to remember, but eventually got it down and started adding personality to it. His voice became loud and clear and he showed confidence on the subject matter. His pronunciations and gestures had a certain comedic timing to them... kinda funny, or at least entertaining.
***Update: Treyson got his score back from the school district. He received a 4.0!!! The highest in his class.
This is how he described it; "My teacher said she had a special announcement to make about P.A.C.E. --Someone in our class had received the highest score out of the whole 5th grade. Of course, we all looked at the smart people... and then she said MY name! I felt so excited I almost screamed...but I didn't. I just felt good inside and everyone was congratulating me. I felt so happy for the rest of the day. People kept coming up to me and telling me 'good job'. Even some people wanted to walk home from school with me."
[Paraphrased the best I could remember.]
Great job Treyson!
So proud of your hard work.
2 comments:
I cried when he called me and told me about his triumph. I cried when I read his words here. So touched by his hard work and his getting to see himself as a successful smart person.
I love Treyson.
I'm sitting here crying too! I love the part where he ALMOST screamed but just felt happy instead. What a triumph forged through hard work and diligence. Way to go T! I just love that boy to pieces!
Post a Comment