Taylee was in drama this year and LOVED it!
Loved her teacher, loved the art, loved everything about it.
Taylee is in the middle, with the black hood on.
When she heard that they were doing a play this year, she got really excited and wanted to be a part of it. She auditioned and felt good about making it. She shared with me that she had even prayed about it and knew her prayers would be answered (great faith!).
Our family was on pins and needles waiting for the results. Every day we would ask, "Did you make it?" Finally the list of "call backs" was posted..... and she WASN'T on the list. She was sooo bummed. I felt her pain and was bummed too.
As we were talking about it she said, "I must have REALLY STUNK, because some of the people that made it, aren't very good." I assured her that there were a lot of decision making things that go on, that don't always have to do with being good. Sometimes it's a matter of fitting the role/part or who the teacher knows best. She said, "I just really wanted to be a part of it..I don't even care what part...I'll even take out the garbage, if I can just be a part of it."
I asked her if her teacher knew this. "Does she know that you would be willing to do ANYTHING?" I encouraged her to have this conversation with her teacher. --I couldn't see any teacher turning down willing "garbage duty". :)
Although she was sad and bummed, she handled it pretty well. Jason and I were expecting the worst, but she proved her growing maturity. Whew.
A short time passed, several people who didn't get "big" parts or had other conflicts, dropped out. Taylee couldn't believe it! Why in the world would they do this?
A week or so after the parts had been initially assigned, her teacher came to her and asked if she would like to be a part of the "witch's army". She jumped at the chance! She was also given a part that was kept a secret from us. She was told not to tell anyone...and she took it seriously. No one knew her secret part.
After months of practice, the time had come. In the last week of school, they performed, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".
We were all impressed with the caliber of performance. The kids knew their parts, had awesome make-up/costumes and spoke loud and clear so we could all hear. It was awesome!
Taylee did her part well as a member of the Witch's Army..so well we couldn't even tell it was her. Her secret part was to be a "distraction". She acted as if she was writhing in pain; screaming, moaning and crumbling to her knees. She was so "distracting" I had NO idea that some characters were sneaking others off stage. I also had no idea that she would be so vulnerable and could get into character so well.
Wow..she blew me away! :)
Mrs. Remley receiving flowers from her cast.
Many people would call Mrs. Remley crazy or weird, but Taylee admired her a lot and really loved her.
Check out her make-up job... creepy.
We brought her a "flower"(cookie) for a job well done.
Treyson made her a card and had everyone that attended (family) sign it. So sweet.
We are so proud of you Taylee!
Great job.
1 comment:
Yes....I remember Taylee did such a good job of distracting me....I never saw the kid characters sneak away. You were captivating, Taylee!
Post a Comment