Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Party

As our kids get older, our Halloweens are getting weird-er and weird-er...or at least different than they used to be. This year all kids, but Rylee, went trick-or-treating with friends while Jason and I supervised a teen party at our house.
Ainsley Ashby-Abree-Megan Zimmerman
The plan was to play "Just Dance 4", make s'mores (using my new fire pit), hang out, eat snacks, be goofy/ flirty (boys were invited) and play games. Everyone came in costume and a spontaneous round of trick-or-treating in the neighborhood happened too.




Sorting and swapping candy.
I was excited for Rylee's first official girl/boy party. I kept asking the group if they wanted Rylee's dad to start the fire, so they could do s'mores. I kept getting, "later" or "not right now". When the teens went on their spontaneous trick-or-treating round, I had Jason get it started anyway.
Maybe it's not cool to do s'mores??? They kinda hung out by the fire a little, but I don't think anyone made a s'more!

When most of the teens were outside, Rylee came in to Jason and I and said, "Do you guys HAVE TO be in here? Couldn't you just go in your room? My friends are like 'Why is your mom watching us?...It's probably because there are BOYS here'."

What?! I didn't realize I was such a bother. Jason and I went to our room and tried not to be offended. :)
The kicker was that we had brought the t.v. out to the front room for them to play on and my computer was down, so I didn't have any of my usual entertainment. Jason played a game on his phone and I played Solitaire.

Happy Halloween???

No comments: