Saturday, November 24, 2012

Grandma Ison's Funeral

We had what seemed like, a mini family reunion for Grandma Ison's funeral. Many family and friends gathered to say their good-byes.
Arielle made a video for the viewing/funeral. She started with pictures of grandma as a baby, continued throughout her life, then ended with a recent video recording of Grandma cooing, oooing and ahhing over the newest great-grand baby, Jonathan.
As you hear grandma say, "What should we do with all these kids?" the video pans out to the big family photo, then back to grandma holding Jonathan. It's very sweet...gets me teary every time I watch.






Jocile-Angela-LoraDawn-Jana-Kristen
Amber and I gathered a few things from Grandma's house to display at the funeral.
We included things that said "Grandma Ison" to us; porcelain baby doll, temple presidency pictures, temple cross-stitch, canned peaches, hen/rooster creamer, scriptures, decorated egg, a piece of the petrified wood fence from Arizona, grandma holding a baby, and one of her aprons.

It was a wonderful service. Each daughter participated in the program. Jocile gave the life sketch, Angela, Mom and Jana gave talks about, "lessons learned from mother" and Kristin played an organ piece. The talks were personal, entertaining and even thought-provoking. It was very enjoyable.

The great-grandkids also got to participate by singing.
Included in our family gathering, was Dean/Candice's family. They were able to pull enough strings to get Jackson baptized/confirmed and Jonathan blessed that same weekend. Sooo nice to be with family.

1 comment:

Lora Dawn said...

I so loved the display you girls created......so Grandma.... in so many ways. She's a many-faceted woman and your choices were both meaningful and visually engaging. I liked looking at it....and discovering little details....like all of a sudden I saw the apron beneath it all. "Oh look....there's her apron!" Well done.

Yes....a week rich in heart-full moments, connections, memories, blessings, feelings....


Thanks for documenting and assisting. I love you.