Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving group felt small this year. With Dean/Candice's family having just moved, Lexie in Arizona and Grandma celebrating in heaven, we had 18 people...extra room at the table.
Even so, we were grateful to be with family.
Jason and Abree were my potato helpers.
Even after following directions from the internet and packaging, the turkey was done WAY ahead of schedule. This seems to be a trend for me, over the last few years. What am I missing? --I guess to have it done ahead of schedule, is better than behind. Over-cooked turkey, is better than raw turkey, any day. :)
Ten pounds of potatoes...never looks like enough at this point. :)




We enjoyed our time together and ate a delicious meal that everyone contributed to.
Happy Thanksgiving!

PS- That night Tim and Karen announced that they are pregnant with #4.  Wahoo! :)

1 comment:

Lora Dawn said...

Thanks for being so kind as to host the yum gathering.

Just for the record....there cannot be too many mashed potatoes! I'm pretty sure Jason will back me up on that.