With a baby boy on the way for Tim and Karen, a party was in order.
I had seen lots of cute baby boy showers on Pinterest, but the one that caught my eye was a "Little Man" shower...with mustaches and ties galore.
I had been wanting to make a tie wreath (for Father's Day) for some time. I had purchased the old ties at a thrift store and bought the straw wreath a while back, but hadn't got around to making it. With the theme in mind and the shower approaching, I finally made the tie wreath...and added a little banner for the shower.
I found this subway art and thought it was so cute, I used it as my color inspiration for the party. I made up my own prints with mustaches in the same colors.
I also had been wanting to make a tie onesie for a long time. Probably first thought about it when Treyson was a baby...and then when each nephew came along. I finally made one for the shower along with toddler ties for Tim and Karen's Little Man.
The toddler tie tutorial was clear and easy.
I loved how they turned out!
It was a life-changing (not), hard decision I had to make... mustache cups or mustache straws? I finally decided on mustache straws. :)
When I first saw this idea on Pinterest ,I knew I HAD to do this for the "Little Man" shower.
"Name that 'Stache".
Another life-changing (not) decision was a mustache cake or cupcakes with cute toppers? Cute toppers won.
Saw this cute frame at Target's "Dollar Spot" and thought I could use it for a game prize.. with a mustache saying, of course.
The mustache chip clips and keychain were imported from LasVegas. When I saw them, I knew they had to come home with me.
Another mustache prize from Target's "Dollar Spot"...but it was actually $3!
I mustache you... would you like to win one of these prizes?!
I can't explain why, but I LOVE to sew on paper. I made these hanging strip decorations doing just that.
Upholding my "Banner Queen" status, I made these banners for the occasion.
(After the shower, I gave them to Karen to decorate Little Man's space..a corner in their bedroom.)
This is the photo op spot.
Grab a mustache and give me your best pose.
(Orange double-knit polyester fabric was from Grandma Ison's 'stache.)
Guests were asked to write a funny/cute message to Tim/Karen to entertain them while on diaper-changing duty. Found these 2 signs here.
"I mustache you for a kiss.. or two..or three.
Just how many kisses do you see?"
(Can you believe Amber C guessed the EXACT amount of kisses during the game?!! Amazing. Note: There were more in the jar for the game.)
Tim/Karen are still deciding on a name for Little Man, so we played "Name the Little Man".. a Scattergory-type game.
(I don't know if you'd want Uncle Kevin helping you to name your baby. His names were U-nique! Ha.)
Whipped up this wreath for the front door, at the very last minute.
Now we're ready to PAR-TAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment