Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week

I appreciate school teachers. 

For "Teacher Appreciation Week" I made this for Abree's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Palmerton. 
Ok, so there wasn't much to "making" it. I painted the frame, printed the saying and put the saying in the frame. It's the thought that counts, right? 

I had Abree make her a card too. "Mrs. Palmerton I like you because..."
Wonder if it's true? Do teachers feel this way about their students? I think Mrs. Palmerton does. :)

I've recently read a few articles/comments from real teachers about what they REALLY want/like for gifts. The most common wanted item was gift cards. The teachers reassured the readers over and over, that it's not too impersonal and they would take a gift card over an apple ANYTHING..any day. A close second, or maybe a tie for first, was a personal thank-you card from a student or parent.

So I partially followed the advice of the article. :)

No comments: