Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Deck the Halls" Swap

I had seen swaps on blogs before, but had never participated in one. Recently, I somehow stumbled upon the "Deck the Halls" swap on the, "Some of This and Some of That" blog. I felt a little intimidated at first, but thought I'd give it a try.
First, we were asked to fill out a questionnaire, giving a little background on ourselves; likes, favorites, mailing address, etc. Then the organizers, Mandee and Brandy, paired us up with our swap buddies. We were sent their filled-out questionnaire by email and then the fun began.
Here are the items I gave to my swap buddy:A cute snowman to "deck her halls" with.
Some "Blessing Mix". I love the combo of salty and sweet.
Like myself, she too loves and collects Nativity sets. I found this one in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and had to get it, because it was so darn cute and miniature.
I loved the way my fabulous witchy shoes turned out around Halloween time, so I played around with the pattern a bit and came up with a fabulous elfy shoe for Christmas (check out the curly toe).
Lastly, I made this rag swag. I had always wanted to do this. I think it turned out cute and actually started one for myself.
Here is what I received:
Yummy cinnamon oatmeal cookie mix (we've already baked them up, so I can say for sure they are YUMMY), some scented candles, a little nativity scene and a cute, miniature "Believe" (that has snowmen around it). Taylee asked me if I was going to make it a part of my snowman collection...but of course!
Thank you swap buddy. I love everything!
Thank you Mandee and Brandy. I'm hooked and would LOVE to swap again!
PS-There was one more thing that arrived, just recently. I need to take a picture of it and show it to you.

4 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I've heard of those swaps before too. You gave and received some really fun and cute stuff!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh, also, do you still need help with blog/html stuff? I never heard back from that email you sent a while back.

AND, lets plan a Dec. GNO. And I vote...something cheap. SO lets play at your house and get a movie to watch or something ok? Sounds good...lets pick a date.

Mamma Meg said...

What a cute idea!

Tiffany Hales said...

How fun!!!