Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Par-tay!

For Rylee's 12 year old birthday, she talked me into having a sleep-over. The girls came home with Rylee, right after school and the party started. I was running a little behind getting everything done, so I employed the girls to help me decorate. Here's the festive decor we got.
I wouldn't have thought to tape streamers from balloon to balloon. :o)
They LOVED the streamers on the ceiling fan. When you turned it on it looked "SO COOL!".
Part of my decorating tardiness had to do with these; Exibit #1. I made sleep masks for each girl out of soft flannel, batting and pelon (stiff fabric).
Exibit #2 for my deorating tardiness. I made these towel turbines for each of the girls. After getting out of the shower, you put them on your wet hair, twist, and then loop the elastic over the big button. I had the girls sew on the buttons... hope those buttons stay on. For some it was a first time button sewing experience.
The results.
From left to right; Melissa, Erin, Rylee and Lessa. Rylee's friend Shaye came a little later after her piano lessons.
I was willing to bake another kind of cake, but Rylee wanted to take her turn with the giant cupcake, cake. Look at all of those candles!
In the favor bags we included; lip gloss, fingernail polish, a treat and the sleep masks and towel turbines.
What was your wish Rylee? ...or should I say who was your wish?! :o)
For dinner, the girls made individual pizzas. These look kind of rough, but they tasted good.

Yummmm!

Gift time.
Late, before they settled down for the night, the girls painted their fingernails and toenails.

Caught in the act.
Looking fabulous girls!
Shaye
The girls also watched "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3-D and rocked out to the game, "Rock Band". In fact, they would have been satisfied to play "Rock Band" all night and all the next day, if I would have let them. They just couldn't get enough of it.
I hope they all had fun. It was nice to have them over. They are sweet girls. I'm glad Rylee has such good friends to hang out with and be associated with. I look forward to many more fun times.
FYI- Doing a 12 year old party, is a piece of cake, compared to a younger-aged party. They could mostly entertain themselves and just go with the flow. I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so against sleep- overs, mostly because just the thought of it exhausts me! You're a brave woman!

Nicky said...

I have noticed that giant cupcake on previous posts - please...do tell! Did you get a special pan for it? I'll check back for your answer. THX!
The party looks WAY fun. ALMOST makes me want to be young again (almost, but not quite).

Smullin Family said...

Nicky,
Yes, it's a special pan..Wilton's dimentionals. It's one pan with 2 wells, one for the top and one for the bottom..then you put it together like a regular layered cake.
It was spendy, but I think I just might be getting my money's worth. I've used it about 4 times since October...and will probably use it many more times.
It's not hard, but each time I use it I learn to do it a little better.
If you lived closer, I'd let you borrow it.

PS-Any one out there that does live close..you are welcome to borrow it. :o)

Tiffany Hales said...

What a fun party! I can't believe how grown up she looks, and that she is 12. Why did you let this happen?