Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Real Birthday, Day

Saturday was Rylee's official birthday, so we had her favorite dinner (macaroni and cheese) and then she opened her gifts from the family. She received a soft, fluffy, warm robe and. . . . . An Ipod!!! Well, actually it's a Phillips MP3 player, but it functions just the same. She was SOOOO excited. She's been talking about wanting one for at least 3 years. We told her that she really didn't have a need for it, being so young. We thought 12 was a good age, old enough to care for it and use it, so we broke down and got one for her.
(Plus, it was an AWESOME deal at Walmart, on Black Friday.) :o)
She's very happy with her new gifts, but she'll have to keep pining for a cell phone and a lap top computer. (Other things that have been on her list for the last several years.)
I know, I know, we're SO "old-school". I just don't think a 12 year old (or younger) NEEDS a cell phone and computer. She'll have to live in the "dark ages" for the next little while. Poor kid.

4 comments:

Jilene said...

oh , I totally agree about the cell phone etc. We never had them, why do kids so young need them now??? good going mom!

Nicky said...

I laughed when I read this. Brayden list exactly! i-pod, cell phone, and laptop. OH BROTHER! Like you, I can handle one of the three.

Candice said...

I want one! You chose wiiiiisely.

Mandy said...

I totally agree with you. Kids want too much crap. Most of the time no good comes from these thigs either. Why can't they just slow down growing up?