As a mom, you think the day will never come.... when all of your children are in school and you actually have some kid-FREE time to yourself during the day. I am here to testify that it does. This my year.
I'm being weaned gradually, with only 1/2 day Kindergarten, but from 12:50 to 3:10-ish (when Taylee gets home) I have no kids to answer to.
Everyone keeps saying, "What will you do with ALL of your FREE time?!" At first this distressed me... "What AM I going to do with my time?!!" But as I really started thinking about it, I started to relax... "What ever I feel like I WANT to do, GOSH!" said in my most Napoleon Dynamite accent. Reality?...... probably volunteering at the school with my kids. :)
We got to meet her new teacher Mrs. Matthews.
We also familiarized ourselves with the classroom and other important places; bathroom, line-up spot, backpack place and cubby. One of Abree's favorite places was the kitchen area. She only eyeball-ed it, while we were there, but I'm sure she will have many hours of fun with it, in the future.
Another highly anticipated area is the puppet theater.
After 3 years of pre-school, this girl is READY for Kindergarten!
We were excited to find out we already knew 3 of her classmates.
On another BRIGHT note, Abree started reading this week! She's known the letters and sounds for some time now, but I just hadn't sat down with her to put it all together until now. She can read 3, 4 and even some 5 letter words with blends. I am impressed!
I'm excited for this new stage in her life.... but boy, it sure does make me think about my own. As I think I've mentioned before, I'm not one that loves change, but I guess I'll just have to "get used to it". :)
Writing this has given me anxiety.... or maybe it's just a sugar buzz from the 2 brownies I just ate.
2 comments:
Oh....a tender time of stretch and choice...and feelings.
Hard to believe, for sure.
You deserve some pampering . . .I wonder what it will be . . .
Yeah Abree! She looks so happy and confident and ready. Way to go!
(brownies sound really good)
Post a Comment