Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning, when we started hearing rustling, I got up and put breakfast in the oven.
Our Christmas morning breakfast usually includes sweet rolls (orange or cinnamon) and orange juice. This year I decided to add to our tradition... "Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole". It not only has eggs and ham, but 3 different kinds of cheeses...including CREAM CHEESE! Yum.
We brought the breakfast upstairs to the family room where the kids had been sleeping.

We ate our mini cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole and orange juice as the kids anticipated what Santa had brought downstairs.


When breakfast had been cleaned up, the kids got into the traditional line-up-- youngest to oldest, and came downstairs.

As the kids filed into the room, they each went to their own stockings. Jason, Grandpa and I wondered when they would notice the family gift sitting on the coffee table. We waited and waited.
Finally Treyson said, "Hey, what's this hamster food for?" (by his stocking).
I said, "Hmmm, maybe it's for that" (pointing to the cage).
Santa had brought our family a cute little dwarf hamster! There was squeals of excitement and a rush to the hamster cage to check her out.


Grandpa Waite got a BSU Coach Chris Peterson bobble head.

Rylee was in LOVE with the hamster! She played with it ALL morning, including chasing it when it escaped from the exercise ball accidentally. She didn't need any other gift in the world. She was content with this cute little addition to our family.
The hamster was named Nibblet, after much discussion and consideration.

The "aftermath" of Christmas morning.

Look how cute we are with our new Christmas clothing. :)
In the evening, we headed to Grandma McKinley's house for dinner and gifts.
Sterling sporting his reindeer hat.

Grandma had outdone herself. We had baked ham, rolls, a variety of salads and lots of snacks and treats to enjoy.
Tyrel & Levi
I finally got to hold sweet little Sterling. I had been keeping my distance, up to this point because I wanted to make sure I was healthy and that he was stronger. He was such a sweet little bundle!

We all opened gifts from one another. Our giving "theme" this year was food storage and/or emergency preparedness. We received a box of cream soups and the book (and workbook), "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey, from Brinton and Amber. Thanks!
I've read the book, going on 3 times ,and have enlisted Jason to read also. This is good.
We enjoyed our books from Grandma and many started reading right away. :)
A wonderful day, filled with family, fun and giving.

No comments: