Friday, December 10, 2010

Post Falls Trip

My friend Krissi and I try to see each other at least twice a year... I go to her house and she comes to mine.
Southwest Airlines has helped us do that. They had a $25 deal last year and a $30 deal this year. Can't pass up a deal like that... it costs more in gas to drive!
My trip began, after I wrapped up some December craziness at home; Favorite Things Party, Ward Christmas Party, Ison FHE, and the R.S. Christmas Dinner. There were a few things that happened while I was gone and more craziness when I returned, but it was well worth it. I LOVE my time with Krissi!
Steve, Krissi's husband, has been working for an architect firm for several years now. I guess he's been considered an apprentice?... learning the skills, on-the-job-training, under licensed architects. In the recent years, he's been working hard and taking tests (I think 5 or 6 total... spending a pretty penny along the way) to become an official architect.

While I was there, he received his last and final test score saying he PASSED and that he was an official architect! This was cause for celebration. We made him a "Congratulations Smartie!" banner, decorated the house with balloons and Krissi made his favorite dinner, lasagna... with homemade noodles.

Jessica's idea of decorating with balloons is to rub her head to create static and stick them all over the ceiling. She said that her dad always does that. Perfect, for a Steve celebration. :)

Ila and I blew up all the balloons. They were tough.


The girls taped Smarties candy all over the banner and then we hung it in the front room for him to discover, when he got home from work.

"Congratulations Smartie!"

Delicious homemade lasagna.
Looking at this makes me hungry. I want some right now!
Krissi, Steve & Ila

We shared the celebratory meal with their good friends the Zane's.
Ryan & Vaughn Zane & Jessica
It was a nice evening; yummy food, good friends and an official architect. :)
This is Daniel, Krissi's youngest. He is so cute and funny. He was quite sure I had come to see HIM. Every day, many times a day, he would ask me to play with him. He wanted to play cars, Littlest Pet Shops, puzzles and games mostly. I wasn't a very good play-buddy, but that didn't detour him from asking, bringing me toys, putting them in my lap and saying, "You HAVE TO play with me!".
While there, I also....
Attended Steve's work Christmas party. It was catered with fancy foods. Yum.
Helped out with the elementary school Christmas Book Fair.
Did some shopping.... of course.
Did some crafting.... of course.
And in general, just enjoyed hanging out with the Goodmansen's.
Krissi also nursed me back to health, with a cold I had contracted on the way there.
Thanks Krissi! You're the bestest!!!
Can't wait for you to come see me next month.

3 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

You girls really know how to create fun for yourselves. Good for you.

Candice said...

Ditto Mom!

Give me a call before you book your next flight up there. Maybe I'll go visit my friend up there and start the same tradition. LOVE IT!

Smullin Family said...

Candice, That would be SO fun!!! I'll try to remember to do that.