We had so much fun 2 years ago making the gifts for our family gift exchange, we decided to do it again this year.
Treyson drew Abree's name. He told me he wanted to make a new blanket for her since her special baby blanket (made by Grandma Smullin) was getting raggedy and would have to be put in the "keepsakes" box soon. (Or "keep safes" as they would call it.)
Rylee drew Jason name. She made him a customized Rubik's Cube he could take to work and put on his desk. It was all about the BSU Broncos an the Utah Jazz... of course.
I had Taylee's name. I made her a ruffle scarf. I bought 2 scarves from the Dollar Tree and cut of one of them to make the ruffles. Then sewed them on. It turned out cute. (Finished scarf not pictured.)
I thought it was such a sweet idea, I totally hopped on board last minute and helped him whip up a quilt for her.
I showed him how to tie and within a few practice tries, he got it! I was so proud of him.
Taylee had Grandpa Waite's name. She made him a book, "Top 20 Things That Happened in Our Family in 2010". It was cute to see some of the things that made the list; Jackson lost his first tooth, Taylee started piano lessons, Sterling was born, we had the Ison Christmas FHE (funny to give to Gpa Waite), etc.

Jason had my name. He knows what I like.... acts of service! I received a gift certificate that entitled me to: A Garage Overhaul.
Grandpa Waite had Treyson's name. Grandpa made Treyson a "walking stick". It was cool. He smoothed it, carved his initials in it and even sacrificed a piece of his own shoelace for the handle.
Abree had Rylee's name. She and I made these flower clips for Rylee. So cute!
Including: Pressure washed floors, organizing and relocating items, a haul to D.I., arranging food storage items, re-organization of tools and a bike rack!
Are you jealous?
I know it may not be YOUR ideal gift, but it is MINE. :)
Homemade gifts take thought, time and effort, but it is SO worth it. I hope to continue doing this year after year.
1 comment:
Super post
Fun to see your family's ideas - - -and to feel the joy
Post a Comment