Last week, Amber (McKinley)Munt came over and hung out with me for a day. She briefly mentioned her dad was in town and they were getting together on Saturday, for an Easter egg hunt and lunch, in Parma. She casually asked if I would be interested in coming. Initially I almost dismissed it, but then the more I thought about it, the more I decided I WOULD like to come.
My kids and I had not seen Dennis for a long time. He currently lives in Florida and I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see him, while he was in town. Abree didn't know him, but the older 3 knew him as "Grandpa McKinley".
As we talked about our plans to go to Parma, the kids got WAY excited. Rylee of course had the most memories of Grandpa McKinley. Taylee could remember him too. Treyson's memory of Grandpa was, "He always had a BIG mug of SODA...I think it was rootbeer." --No, it was Diet Coke most likely, but of course he would remember something food related. :)
So Saturday, around noon we headed to Parma. Great Grandpa (Carl) McKinley and Grandpa (Dennis) McKinley, were outside as we pulled up. We greeted each other with hugs and pats (for those of you that know Great Grandpa, you'll know what I'm talking about).
After a little visiting, introductions and a hug from Great Grandma (Lucille) McKinley, we went outside for an egg hunt.
Abree was glad she was a finder, not a hider...cuz that meant CANDY!
Translation: a big kid who was too old to find, but didn't get to hide either, because there were already enough hiders. :)
Taylee a super-duper hider. She tried to make some impossible to find.
After the egg hunt, the real eggs were quickly turned into deviled eggs and we enjoyed a lunch of sub sandwiches.
Treyson a finder.
"Look mom, it's a real egg! I didn't know that there were REAL eggs out here."
Funny story- Abree found a real egg that had been colored blue. When she was told to pick it up, she would NOT. She was sure it was a bird's egg and that she should not touch it. We hadn't clued her in that there were real eggs, as well as plastic eggs to find.
It was a nice afternoon. I'm glad we decided to go to Parma to visit. Great Grandma and Grandpa McKinley were gracious and welcoming. It was nice to see them.
Dennis promises that if we are ever in Florida, we can stay at his home and he'll hook us up with Disney World tickets..... CHEAP! :) We just may have to take him up on his offer some time.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! It would be nice to see Grandpa's McKinley and Great Grandma McKinley.
Fun.
Post a Comment