Friday, May 10, 2013

Little Man Baby Shower

Inspired by an invitation I found on Pinterest, I created my own version for Tim/Karen's "Little Man" baby shower.

 When doing a party, my favorite part is the planning and executing of the decor...everything else is just a HAVE TO. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat yummy food, just not make it. :)

So I decorated to my heart's content and delegated the food portion to Karen's generous friends who offered to help. 

 A fresh and healthy menu (with a side of sweet) is a must for a Karen party. :)
(I DID make the chocolate covered pretzel "cigars" though.)
 Cheri made the cute Baby fruit salad (Can you see the Little Man's 'stache?) and a to-die-for bow-tie pasta salad (not pictured). I asked for the pasta salad recipe, for myself and to distribute to party guests after the shower..it was that good!
 Tiffany made delicious strawberry and key lime cupcakes from scratch (which recipe was also requested by party guests). Tiffany calls herself a foodie. :) It's good to know a foodie. 
 Camille and Amanda brought the veggies/pita chips that we put with Tiffany's homemade hummus.
 Camille also brought the mustache-wrapped water bottles and sparkling limeade.
Lexie made the chocolate mustache favors. 
I LOVE the styrofoam mustache holder too!
Amber Munt made the other cute tie onesies displayed on the fireplace mantle. 




 We played games, ate foodie food and then it was time for Karen to open gifts.

 Lots of cute Little Man things.
 Amanda- Karen's friend from work.
  Stacy and Mary Kate- friend's from Karen's ward

 Aunt Jana and Uncle Kevin- always up for a good time
 Cheri, Keri (baby) and Barbara- more friend's from Karen's ward
 Camille and Amanda- work friends 
It was so fun to get to know them. They were the life of the party and quite silly..if you can't tell!


 Tawnya and Amber Munt
 Tiffany- aka: the foodie and Karen
 Cute Little Man profile.
 Amber Croff and Tiffany (cousin)
 Cheryl- Karen's mom visiting from Rigby and my mom. 
Silly kids!
 Lexie and sleepy Geneva
 Abree and Katie (cousin Tiffany's youngest daughter)
 Look at that 'STACHE!



 Funny gift..a baby dumbbell. So appropriately given to Karen by her exercise-class-teaching friends. 
And mustache band-aids..where did they find these?!

 Katie and Abree thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate mustache favors. Between them, I think at least 5 or 6 were consumed..at least. 

The Little Man baby shower was a success. 
Lots of cute stuff, good company and delicious food. 
Ready when you are Little Man. Can't wait to meet you! :)

2 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Such a fun celebration. Love the ~stache photo ops!anweut Secind

Lora Dawn said...

oops on the anti-robot words