Jason is always so sweet to me on Mother's Day.
He brought me these flowers the day before, "I have to give these to you today, before I kill them. They've tipped over in my car several times, so they have no water and the poor daisy has seen better days. Sorry. Happy Mother's Day!" He makes me laugh.
I thought they were lovely. :)
Stay-tuned these flowers /greenery make a second appearance and get a new life.
In the morning, Jason (and our grumpy kids) made breakfast for me; scrambled egg whites, turkey bacon, whole wheat toast and Greek yogurt. We ate together at the table, at my request.
--Does anyone else not LOVE breakfast in bed? It's a sweet thought, but kind of crumby and awkward.
--Does anyone else not LOVE breakfast in bed? It's a sweet thought, but kind of crumby and awkward.
After church (and chocolate from the ward), I got to open gifts. Jason was very good to me; a new pillow, a drink dispenser (that I can use for parties, yay!), a book and a laminator!
Oooo, I'm armed now..a label maker and a laminator. Awesome!
That evening, we shared dinner with my mom. Jason prepared a YUMMY salad: Apple-Pear Salad with Poppy-Seed Dressing (feta cheese instead of swiss) that I had requested from Pinterest. It was SO good, we had seconds..and thirds!
I am grateful to be a Mom. It's what I wanted to be when I grew up. It's both harder and more rewarding than I imagined.
I'm also grateful to have my Mom in my life. She is my friend, my counselor, my cheerleader and one of my greatest examples.
I love you Mom!
I love you Mom!
1 comment:
Amen...on what a blessing it is to be a mom....just what I always wanted, too.
I am wowed by all the talents of the young mommies in our family. Each of you have unique talents you share with your kids and the rest of us.
And I love your kids!
Post a Comment