Tuesday, May 28, 2013

OUCH!

I was in my room, as Rylee came home from school on Tuesday, "Oweee, owee... my leg just got run over by a car!" Through the whimpering, I heard Jason try to calm her and find out more details. 
Even after asking questions myself, I was still not clear on WHO and HOW.

She said as she was getting into the car to come home, a guy ran over her leg. He rolled from her heel over her leg/ankle/foot. She and her friends yelled to the driver, "Get off her leg! Get off her leg!" He had to actually back up to free her.

She is not forthcoming about the driver's name..she says I wouldn't know him. 
Hmmm. 
My motherly-instincts say otherwise.

I asked her if she went to the school nurse. No. Will you go see her tomorrow? Yes.
The next day...still DIDN'T see the nurse.

With school year coming to a close, I felt it was important that someone at the school know about this. I called and talked to one of the assistant principals. He said he would talk to the resource officer and Rylee and make sure she went to the nurse. 

I knew Rylee wouldn't like me interfering, but didn't feel like I could let it rest without reporting.
I didn't hear back from the assistant principal, before school got out, so I'm glad Rylee is healing and having less pain each day.

Through the grapevine (my source will remain anonymous) my motherly instincts proved correct! I DID know the driver. Mother's, trust your instincts.
Rylee was shocked when I approached her about it.
"How did you find out?"
"Mom's just KNOW things. Always tell your mom the truth!"

1 comment:

Lora Dawn said...

Oh dear.....just imagining her pain makes my insides hurt. So sorry to have you injured, Rylee! I can not get a picture in my mind of how that happened.....draw me a sketch of that Rylee-roo.