Taylee has taken piano lessons for about 2 years now.
Her first piano teacher was Margaret Tew (a sister in our ward). Margaret and her family moved to Colorado this winter, so Taylee then started taking from Gloria Small (another sister in our ward).
On the evening of the last day of school, we attended Taylee's piano recital in the Small's home.
Gloria did a great job and made it a special night.
She had sent out invitations, decorated, made programs and treats.
Gloria Small-Grace Baldwin-Taylee-Alicia Small
Madison Jensen-?-Ainsley Ashby
The day of the recital, Taylee told me she didn't want our family to attend. As we talked more, she told me she was embarrassed and felt awkward being the OLDEST piano student. She said it was frustrating seeing the younger students playing better than her. I told her I understood her concern, but still wanted the family to support her by going. She wasn't happy about it...but we went anyway.
At the recital, I noticed Sister Small's daughter-in-law (married with 2 kids) was also taking lessons. I commented to Taylee about her not being the OLDEST student....but it didn't really make her feel any better.
The Small's also set up a video recorder, so that the audience could see the pianist playing.
I took some video on my phone...enjoy!
I'm proud of Taylee for participating and think she is doing a fine beginner's job.
Go Taylee!
1 comment:
Taylee, you are doing so great! I have ALWAYS wished I was able to have piano lessons. What a gift that will be for you. Way to go! Keep it up!
Post a Comment