I've been participating in children's consignment sales for the past 3-4 years. I sell clothing/items that my kids have outgrown or don't use any more. There are three different groups I've consigned with. They are all very similar, only differing in location, management and quality of items. They take 20-30% of your sales. (If you volunteer, you get 80%, otherwise 70%.) You name your price and tag your items. It can be a lot of work, but it's kind of fun and you can sell stuff, you would otherwise D.I. or give away.
I've been most loyal to "Moppet Togs" www.moppettogs.com. They have this cool system which allows you to enter your items on-line, at home. Then when you go to drop off your items, they print out adhesive labels and you put them on your stuff. The labels have the description you entered, price, your consignor # and a bar code. (So when things are purchased, all they have to do is scan the tag and it automatically enters it on-line. So professional. You, as a consignor, can look on-line during the weekend sale and see what has sold and how much you've earned.) It's so cool.
In the Fall, I like to put Halloween costumes into the sales. I purchase them on clearance, at the end-of-season, and sell them that next year. --I really should catalog and keep receipts to see how much money I am actually making...if any. :o) --I store the costumes in moving wardrobe boxes. It works ok, but I'd like to get something a little more sturdy and permanent.
I love Halloween costumes and dress up. (Although I've never been a huge dresser-upper and hate it when my kids leave dress-up everywhere and refuse to clean it up.) I have so much fun buying them at wonderfully discounted prices with exciting thoughts of the next year's profits. I think part of it is the season and part of it is the thrill of the bargain hunt. It's kind of a weird hobby, but I like it.
*This year the sale is September 18-20th. If you're in the area, you should stop by. It's located in the old, "Play It Again Sports" building, in the ShopKo shopping center at Fairview and Milwaukee. Come check it out.
2 comments:
Do you want to get together Thursday evening and go there and the Women's Show. Brinton will be out of town so I am a solo woman for a few days.
amber
Thanks for the info. on this. I should try to make money off of our stuff. I giveaway so much, which is great, but we are so hard up on money right now I should give this a shot!
Post a Comment