Before I take down my Christmas decorations, I thought I'd share some of my favorite things.
First, I have a collection of nativity sets. I believe it's getting close to 20 sets. Some of them are just ok ,and may be weeded out eventually, but some of them I absolutely love.
This is my Fisher Price Little People nativity set. I bought this 3 Christmas' ago (I think) off Ebay. It was the first time I had seen it and had to have it. Because I was fairly new to Ebay, I ended up paying WAY too much for my sentimental love of Fisher Price Little People. --Don't ask how much. I don't know. I've blocked it from my memory. --I love that kids can play with it, without the fear of breaking it. My only rule is that kids have to play with it in the same room, so the pieces don't get lost.
This is one of my first sets I bought. I like it because the figures are child-like and cute. Kind of like watching kids put on a Christmas pagent. It has "everyone", I just took a picture of the most important people.
This set I made it at an R.S. Super Saturday craft day. I love the simplicity of it and that kids can play with it.
I got this one in Mexico, when we went on our cruise. I searched and searched for a CUTE nativity. I like this one because it's miniature and reminds me of a fun vacation.
This is my Christmas tree star. I love it because it's simple and "country-ish". I don't care for angel tree toppers or tinsely stars, so this one suits me just fine.
These are some of my snowmen. I like snowmen just because they're so darn cute.
I like looking at Christmas lights. This is the Denning Family's house. We drove around and looked at lights on Christmas Eve. This one was impressive! All the lights were set to music (tuned in on the radio).
I don't think this video turned out very well...doesn't quite give you the awesome effect, but here it is anyway.
If you want to go see it, here's the address: 4468 W. Blue Creek Meridian, ID 83646. It's off Cherry Lane, in a neighborhood, West of 10 Mile Rd.
2 comments:
What great decorations! Blake also does not "care for" angels as tree toppers. This year, every time he saw a tree with an angel, he would tell the owner what an idiot they are. "You're supposed to have a star up there!"
That crafty nativity looks rather familiar! I love that the kids can play with ours too. We also have the Fisher Price Little People Nativity, but ours is an older version (no palms in ours. . .) It's a favorite of everyone at our house. Funny, we also require that all pieces stay in the same room at all times.
Post a Comment