Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sleep Over

Abree got this notion the other day...

"I want to have a sleep over at Audrey's house...and Rylee can come with me...and I'll bring my blankie...and..." she went on and on. I explained to her that the most polite thing was to have someone ask us to come over to their house. She was just sure Audrey wouldn't mind. We continued to talk and eventually she came to the conclusion that she would like to invite Audrey to come to HER house for a sleep over. I called Karen and the plan was set in motion.

Abree started planning all sorts of things for them to do...
First up, Spaghetti-Os for dinner.
Next, it was Play-dough time.
Dress up and a tea party was next on the agenda.
They had Princess Teddy Grahams, crackers with Easy Cheez and Lemonade.
Audrey enjoyed the tea party, but may have enjoyed Treyson's Lightning McQueen car and Mack even more. (Audrey LOVES vehicles!)
Treyson was invited to the tea party and came dressed up as a football player.
Before bed, the kids went swimming at our neighborhood pool.
A fun-filled day.
I think Abree may have a future in party planning.
The next week, Abree was invited to Audrey's house for a sleep over. Abree went for dinner and played, but wasn't feeling herself (a little stuffy nose) so asked to come home around bed time. Waking up the next day, she was bummed that she hadn't stayed. She asked for a "play date" at Audrey's. I had to explain that she would have had plenty of time to play, IF she would have stayed. Oh well. A good learning experience for her.

4 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

I didn't finish my first 10 or so sleepovers. Oh well. She'll get the hang of it!

A*Waite said...

I loved sleep overs as a kid!

KarenWaite said...

Alisha, that was so fun to see what they did at your house! I know Audrey had a great time. We'll have to try again at our house when Abree is feeling better.

Lora Dawn said...

Oh- - - tea parties. Love that!