Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Favorite Things Party

You've probably heard of "Oprah's Favorite Things"... well, I did my own version this year.

Instead of our normal book club this month, I had a "Favorite Things Party".

I asked guests to bring one of their favorite treats or snacks to share.


We played a FAVORITES version of "What's Yours Like?" game.

I haven't actually played the real board game. Wonder if it's as fun as my made-up version. Anyone ever played it before?


Also, each guest brought one of their favorite THINGS to give. We shared about our favorite thing, then drew a name out of the bowl and gave it to the person we drew.


It was so cool to see all the favorite things and to hang out with "the girls".

I received tinted, minty lip gloss (Bath & Body Works) and bright red, metallic nail polish.

Can't wait to paint my toenails with it!


This was such a fun party to do. And shhhhh... WAY easy. :)

Anyone want to do it again next year?

5 comments:

Nicky said...

What a great idea! That sounds like tons of fun, and a great way to get to know your friends better.

Arianne said...

Cute idea! And I LOVE the bath and body works lip glosses, I'm kind of addicted!

A*Waite said...

I want to come next year, sounds like fun!

Lora Dawn said...

That was really fun. My favorite part was listening to why an item was their favorite. Cool to have some oo-ing and ah-ing time with girls. I have one more bottle of my super duper root beer remaining.

Megan said...

I love your idea! I am going to have to use it for our next girlie friend get-together!