Friday, June 3, 2011

Go Taylee!!!

An invitation came home from the middle school, inviting me to an awards assembly.


It said that Taylee would be receiving one or more awards from her teacher(s).

I asked Taylee if she knew what the award was for and she didn't, but she hoped it was for excellent work in art class.


It was explained to us, that each teacher got to pick one boy and one girl, from ALL of their classes (in each subject area), to receive these awards. Many of the teachers said it was a VERY difficult decision and that many were deserving.

Taylee was one of the first ones called up, by the principal and received a certificate for "Excellent Attendance"...not perfect, because of one tardy.
And if you ask Taylee about that tardy, she'll tell you a story of injustice and trickery.

I was proud of her for near-perfect attendance, but wondered if she would receive the recognition that she was really looking for.

Then an art teacher went up to announce her choices.... not Taylee.
Awww, bummer.
Oh well, you can't win them all.

Then another teacher went up to announce his choices. He too was an art teacher. What?! There are 2 art teachers?

He said, "Of all my students, these 2 students worked extra hard and did what ever crazy or strange assignment I gave them. I'll let ladies go first. Girl..... Taylee Smullin!"

Yay! I was so happy for her.
Caught in the moment and caught off guard, I stumbled and bumbled to get my camera turned back on, just in time for her to walk back to her seat.

As she sat back down in her seat, she turned to me, I gave her a thumbs up and she responded with a thumbs up and a HUGE smile.
I knew she was super excited, because she doesn't usually emote in public and sometimes doesn't even acknowledge I'm there. :)

Congratulations Taylee!


I'm very proud of you!

2 comments:

A*Waite said...

Yey for Taylee! Way to go!

Lora Dawn said...

Ah . . . a girl whose talent just keeps growing and growing.