Friday, September 26, 2008

Jaime's Baby Shower/Birthday Party

Last Tuesday, I co-hosted a party for my friend Jaime. It was a Baby Shower AND a Birthday party. (Jaime's birthday is Christmas Eve and never gets to celebrate with friends. Everyone wants to hang out with their families that day, go figure.)
We hung flower balloons from the ceiling.
I made 2 banners. One said, "Welcome Baby Blaisdell" (Jaime's last name) and the other said, "Happy Birthday Jaime".
Yummy refreshments: apples, carmel dip, candies, chocolate, cream puffs, punch and AWESOME pumpkin bars made by my co-host and good friend Mandy. I believe the pumpkin bars were the highlight of the refreshment table.
Great job Mandy! Requests have been made for the recipe.

Since Jaime isn't finding out the gender of the baby, and this is her 4th kiddo, I decided to make a diaper cake and have everyone bring some sort of baby toiletry or toy.
On to the ever FUN baby shower games...
First, we "made babies". I gave everyone a peach-colored ball of playdough and 5 minutes to sculpt the cutest baby they could. Then had Jaime judge the winner.
Here's the winner. I call it "Budda Baby"...just look at that tummy!

After "makin' babies", we had to deliver them. I froze these little plastic babies in a tiny cup. The participants had to melt the babies out of the ice to deliver their baby. It was a "natural delivery", so there was no sucking or biting them out. :o)
Next game, was to find out if Jaime was having a boy or girl. I randomly passed out these little bags of blue and pink jellybeans. Then I had Jaime give a number between 1 and 12 (the amount of bags). Then they opened their bags and looked at the number inside. Jaime guessed #7, so the bag with the #7, is supposed to predict the sex of the baby. It was blue! The person who had the winning number, also shared their favorite baby name.


Jaime is truly struggling with naming this baby, so I thought our last game should help her out. I gave everyone a paper with the letters A-Z. Then I gave them 2 minutes to come up with baby names beginning with each letter of the alphabet. At the end of 2 minutes, we shared our answers and crossed off the ones that were the same (Scattagories style). The person with the most names left won. Our winner had 20 original names!
Since this was also a birthday party, I baked Jaime a huge cupcake cake. We sang her Happy Birthday and had her blow out the candle. When making her wish she said, "And it BETTER come true!" Gee, wonder what she wished for?
I also had everyone donate money toward a gift card to one of her favorite home decor stores... "Graples" or "Real Deals". Jaime chose "Real Deals", so on Thursday, I went and got a gift card there. She had lots of participation/donation toward the gift card, so she'll have a lot of fun spending it. I hope I'm invited to tag along. I'm excited to see what she finds. :o)

5 comments:

Arianne said...

looks like a fun party, everything turned out so adorable!

Nicky said...

Where do you come up with all these fun things you do? Not to mention...WHEN do you find time to do it all? You are amazing!

Lora Dawn said...

what a ton of details you put together - - - -love the levels of display on the table - - -all so eye appealing - - and the balloon flower!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Thanks again so much for doing this for me Alisha!! You did a fantastic job and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect for baby #4!! Actually, you spoiled me and went way beyond anything I expected!! You are one heck of a friend. Thank you!

Tiffany Hales said...

The ballon flower is really, really cute! Looks like a really fun party!