Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finally!

Last Tuesday, we FINALLY got pre-school started. (I say finally, because Abree was anxious and ready, more than a month ago.) We have 6 cute girls in our pre-school this year. They are all so sweet and have made friends easily and quickly.
This week we learned about the letter B and the number 1.
Abree
"B is for Butterfly". We made butterfly wings using to big letter B's, back to back. The girls decorated them with stickers and then we stapled elastic straps to them, to be worn like a backpack.
Lauren
Josey
Andi
Emylie

Audrey
Each girl brought a towel to sit on for "circle time". This is an awesome idea. Last year, we didn't use towels. It's so nice to be able to say, "Abree, please sit down on your spot." It helps not to be too crowded by little faces, when reading stories or doing activities at circle time.
We all contributed to a pre-school supply bin; crayons, scissors, pencils, glue, weather chart, calendar, ice cream colors, name plates, playdough, etc. This will be passed as each mom takes their turn teaching. I love this idea and think it will be a very valuable thing.


3 comments:

A*Waite said...

How fun. I love the idea of coop preschools. A great way to get them excited for learning with little cost.

Nicky said...

I am still working on the "finally". I have been trying to get one going with Jarin, and life has just been a little too crazy. Hopefully in the next couple weeks tho. I love the supply bin idea!

Arianne said...

Your preschool sounds so fun! Maybe I'll have to get one of these started when Kallie gets older.