I was well cared for this birthday.
The day started out with Jason VERY EARLY wishing me a Happy Birthday, as he left for work. I was so groggy, I almost didn't remember. Then my sweet kids kept coming in one-at-a-time giving me birthday wishes and hugs and kisses. Then Abree started the day-long gift giving. I believe it started with the banner she and Rylee had made for me. Then came little crayon drawings, then toys; koosh ball, stuffed dog (which she had named Brownie, but told me that I could name it anything I wanted because she was now mine), Woody and Jessie, some of her own tea set dishes, candy etc. She was so cute and so sweet trying to give all that she had.
Then my sweet visiting teachers came over and brought me yummy, moist pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips.
Then I took Abree to pre-school. Upon arriving there I met up with Marianne. She had a gift for me... 2 ADORABLE ceramic chickens. I LOVE them, they are SO cute. I have to name them! Marianne and I discovered we had no plans and no children with us...what to do??? So we went to McDonalds for a little lunch and then perused Savers, just for fun.
(We both like to thrift shop and save money.)
Thanks Jason, you're the best ever!
Here are the 2 newest members of our family. Please help me name them. I was thinking maybe Henrietta and Gus...but I don't know. I need your help.
I also received many emails and little notes from many of you. Thanks for remembering me and being so sweet. I appreciate all of you.
Jason asked me what I wanted for dinner. He said I could do anything I wanted; go out with the family, go out just with him, go to a fancy sit-down restaurant, go through the drive through. I chose KFC. I know, kinda weird. We had gone out to dinner a few times recently and I really just wanted KFC. Have you had their chicken/biscuit bowls? They're YUMMY! It has mashed potatoes, a biscuit, corn, popcorn chicken, cheese and gravy. (The picture doesn't do it justice.) It's soul satisfying and definitely comfort food.
Next we had cake and ice cream as a family and I opened some gifts.
Then Jason and I headed to a movie. We went and saw "Fire Proof". We liked it. It has Kirk Cameron (he's still SO cute!) in it. It is an independent Christian film. There is a little "born again" preachy stuff in it, but for the most part it was about how to improve your relationship with your spouse. It's based on the book, "Love Dare". (Jason looked at the book at Walmart, the other day, and said it was much more preachy and didn't know if we'd like reading it or not.) We both loved the basic concepts of the movie. It was very wholesome and even had some cheesy humor in it. It made us laugh. I would recommend it with a disclaimer about the Christiany stuff in it. It's really what we believe, but from a Christian angle.
Overall, just a really nice day. Thanks!
6 comments:
I am one of the losers who did not know it was your birthday. Sorry! Happy Birthday!
What an awesome birthday, you were truly spoiled. I love the chickens, they are great.
What a great birthday Alisha! Sounds like you were well taken care of. I wish I could have done more for you:( You are such a great friend to me and have done so much! Thank you!
LOVE the chickens AND the names you picked out. Very cute. I'm sure they will find a great place in your home.
Happy (late) Birthday, Alisha! It sounds like you had an awesome day.
Alisa, Glad you had such a nice birthday. I liked Woody and the chickens. The ticker tape card and greetings were cute too. About the chickens: We have a grandma Gus ( Agustus and Grandma Lydia, but somehow Lydia doesn't have the three syllable ring as Henrietta.
I enjoyed reading your tagged lists. s tagged the same as being poked in blogger world?
I also like your family photos. Your favorite was my favorite # 6 down from the top.
Happy Birthday! I see it was great. I hope you have a great year!
Post a Comment