Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Pictures!

Last week, we finally got some family pictures taken. It had been a while.
Our last professional family picture, was before Abree was born. FINALLY Abree made her debut into our family picture. About time.
I think it took so long for a few reasons:
1. Jason hates to do family pictures with me, because I want everything to be PERFECT, and it stresses him and everyone else out.
2. I don't like the way I look right now (and haven't for years), so why would I want to capture that moment. :o)
3. Money.
4. Time.
And probably a few more lame excuses. :o)

Ahhhh

The kiddos

It was really cold that day (the day before it snowed!), but the pictures don't really reflect that. I'm so pleased. I was a little worried we'd all have red rudolph noses and wind blown hair.

I think this may be my favorite. Too bad Treyson isn't smiling. We capture a lot of non-smiling, almost sad faces from him in pictures. Is the poor boy depressed?

Between each shot, we'd take off our coats/jackets and think "tropical thoughts".


I like this pose too.
The girls

The boys


Rylee

Taylee

Treyson
We got at least one smile from him!

Abree
A little "poser".
The traditional kid airplane-arm picture. Jason and his siblings did this in several pictures, as he was growing up. We're carrying on the tradition.

THE END
Our photographer was someone I found on Craigslist. She was AWESOME! She was friendly, put us at ease, tried learning all of our names, very up-beat and in general just made the whole experience great...non-stressful. She was VERY reasonable too. She only charged us $30 for the disc and copyrights. Her name is Cheryl and I would highly recommend her.

12 comments:

Mamma Meg said...

Wow, that's cheaper than a set of school pictures! They all look great, good for you!

kura2025 said...

Those are so cute!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I am impressed that you had such great luck with a "random" (meaning you didn't have a reference for her) photographer. The close ups of your kids really show how grown up they are! You guys look great.

Smullin Family said...

Cheryl offered references. I emailed them and asked them about their experience and if they would send me some examples. I was impressed with what I saw, so a booked an appointment with her. I also noticed that she like to "doctor" the photos a bit more than I preferred, so I just asked her to minimize the "doctoring" and she did...and they turned out great. :o)

Martha said...

What beautiful pictures! I want a good deal like that! I'll be checking out Craigslist for sure. By the way, Taylee reminds me so much of Amber at that age!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Those turned out awesome Alisha!! Don't worry about Treyson, there HAS to be one kid that doesn't allow the picture to be perfect:) That would be our Avery for us! And like you said, at least you got one picture with a smile right?

That photographer does a great job. I like all the different poses that she did with you guys. It allows for better selection.

Picture day makes our whole family edgy too because of ME. I want it all to be perfect too and it makes everyone nervous.

Anyway, good luck picking out the best ones to hang up. And I'm glad that you finally got some family pictures. You won't regret it I'm sure:)

Candice said...

Bee-yoo-ti-ful! I love those! Good job. How'd Jason do? He appears to be happy in the pictures. Where did you go? Kathryn's? That's always my first guess with that setting. I love em!

The Blaisdell Family said...

yeah, where did you go for those pictures?

Smullin Family said...

Update:
Jason was happy, I was happy, and even though it was REALLY cold (didn't expect it to be so chilly, or I would have planned for cute jackets or sweaters)the kids were even happy. It was actually the best picture taking experience I've had. Some of that credit has to go to our photographer Cheryl. She was so energetic and sweet. Ok, maybe it also helped that we bribed the kids with going out to dinner afterward.
I actually had arrange to do the session the day before, but there was some miscommuication and Cheryl thought it was the next day. Having that little mix-up actually made things better in the long run. Jason didn't have to stress about getting back to work, and I was more calm because I had done the "dress rehersal" the day before. Silly, I know, but true. :o)
Yes, these were taken at Kathryn Albertson. I guess if I would have posted the pictures by the BIG letters, you would have known for sure. There was a letter for each one of my kids; R, T(x2) and A. Fun, fun.

Am I lame for posting comments on my own blog? :o)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to the most talented person.....HAAAAAAPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! I don't sing in "real life" so this is going to have to do:)

Hope your day is a special day and you get spoiled at least to some degree!

jwilson said...

Great photos, Alisha. Thanks for hooking me up to your blog.
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Michiganarynykvr

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday! hey Treyson can't smile he is a boy. Boys don't smile. They are really cute pictures. I might have to give her a call. It is about time. You need to blow up one of those huge for your living room .I really liked the same ones you did.