Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Crafts

I saw these witchy shoes on someones blog and I just HAD to make them. Aren't they adorable?! I've filled them with Halloween candy and am going to deliver them to my visiting teaching ladies this afternoon.
I found these craft kits at JoAnn Fabrics, last year, on clearance. After school I let the kids go for it and these are the results.
Trick-or-Treat!

7 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Wow---those shoes are smashing!
I want to see the pattern sometime after your trip.

Mamma Meg said...

Super fun! But...I'm not sure I could eat candy from a shoe...even a fake one. Just a thing I have about feet.

Mandy said...

Cute stuff. I don't know where you find the time to do this stuff. The Preschool party looks like ti was way fun and cute.

Lisa said...

Holy Cute shoes! Tell me there was more to it than just seeing them and then reproducing them. They look complicated. I want a lesson. I have a VTer who is obsessed with shoes and she would love this.

kura2025 said...

I would so wear those shoes! Not sure they'd hold me though...
Such a cute idea!

Smullin Family said...

Oh no, I didn't just reproduce from a picture, they came from a pattern. Try this:

Shoe pattern- http://www.skiptomylou.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/witchshoe.pdf

Inside of shoe pattern-
http://www.skiptomylou.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/witchshoeinside.pdf

They took a little bit of time, but were basically cutting, folding and gluing. I think these could be used for almost any holiday, occasion or party favor. Don't you think?!

Good luck!
Post them on your blog if you try them. I wanna see yours.

Tiffany Hales said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the shoes! Going to steal that idea!!!!1